Friday, August 07, 2015
Today I attended a screen printing workshop which was really fun. I did a few different prints, including the red print on the cover of this book. I was not particularly happy with this print, but after I cut it up and turned it into a book cover, I like it more. The binding that I used today is another one from Keith Smith's book, and this is a 2-section binding that he calls crossed snowshoes. I modified it a little bit, if you are comparing, because I was not happy with the way he anchored the first two snowshoes. I found that his method made it very hard to keep the shape of the first cross and my little modification will keep them in position more effectively.