Tuesday, August 25, 2015
I am making up names for some of these things. My Pamphlet Binding book does not actually assign names to all the binding variations. The pamphlet that I made for today is bound using another technique suitable for one or two thin signatures. Slits are stabbed near the fold and tapes are passed through the slits. I made this one with a paper cover trying to keep it simple, but I still had to add a folded endsheet and paste the tapes down between the cover paper and the pasted endsheet. A lot of steps for a pamphlet with a paper cover. I suspect this binding will make more sense in a hardcover case - which I will try for tomorrow.